This has probably been the most crazy month of ever. A lot of things have changed, a lot of new exciting projects have begun, and of course, a lot of exciting reading has happened. 😀 It feels like only yesterday I was writing my January wrap-up! I didn’t get to post as much as I’d like this month because it’s just been so busy with FairyLoot, but once everything settles it should go back to normal. 🙂 I apologise if I’m slow to get back on comments and stuff, but I’ll get back to you all as soon as I can – I’m always creeping in the shadows (in a non-creepy way…). 😉
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab ★★★★½
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton ★★★★
- Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers ★½
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★
- Book Hangover Cure: 8 Tips & Tricks
- Valentine’s Day Special: bloggers and their OTPs
- Mini Discussion: Maps in Books
First things first: FAIRYLOOT. I still can’t believe it’s actually happening – it’s crazy (if you haven’t heard about it yet, find out more here). I’m so grateful to all of you for being so incredibly supportive. It really means a lot to me 🙂 It’s a lot of work and stress, but it’s fun and I really enjoy doing it. At the end of the day I just want it to be perfect for everyone that purchases one 🙂 Perks are that I’ve been getting all these exciting ARCs to decide which ones to go in the boxes, but I can’t talk about them to anyone or even review them, I shall have to wait! Haha. #bookwormproblems
I’ve also gotten into my university of choice for my masters degree! Hellooooooo PUBLISHING! I’m so excited for the course to start. Can it just be September already?!
So all in all, a lot of amazing things have happened this month, and I’m beyond excited for the future! 😀
These are some of the new books that I can talk about, and are sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. I can’t wait!
- The Shadow Queen by CJ Redwine
- Red Rising (review to come!), Golden Son, and Morning Star by Pierce Brown
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Corrupt by Penelope Douglas (NA for a change)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (time for a contemporary, I thought)
- Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages presents to us the 2016 Book Cover Awards.
- In another one of her amazing discussion posts, Alex @ Fiery Reads discusses mental health in YA.
- Claudia @ Penmarkings wrote a hilarious post on 6 fictional situations that would never happen to her.