The FairyLoot Subscription Box

Featured, News

FairyLoot Subscription Box

I have INCREDIBLY exciting news, guys! I’ve been dying to tell you all about this for ages, and I can finally tell you because it’s up and running… I’VE STARTED A SUBSCRIPTION BOX BUSINESS! Yessssss. Finally. It’s out. I can say it! It’s called FairyLoot.

AND, because you’re all swell, I’ve got something else… I’m going to be giving an introductory discount code to all my blogging friends! πŸ˜€ And, we’re looking for representatives (!!!). More on all that exciting stuff below!

I am so nervous and excited and this could all be a total failure but I thought, why NOT? Why not give it a go? It started off as some little trail of thought and doodles on a piece of paper. But here it is, ready to go.Β You can visit the website hereΒ or click the image below:

FairyLoot Subscription Box

So what’s it all about?
  • FairyLoot is a monthly YA subscription box that focuses on Fantasy, but also includes some contemporary, dystopian, and historical fiction themes. (YAY).
  • Each box will include one hardcover recently published YA novel, there will be a different theme every month. I would love suggestions from you guys!
  • Each box will include exclusive promotional items, such as a signed bookplate, poster, bookmark, etc. I love these and I know how much readers love them too, so I’m working my butt off to make it all possible! This is not guaranteed in every box but I am trying to make sure it is.
  • It will also include 3-4 hand selected bookish goodies, related to the theme of the month.Β I would love suggestions from you guys, and I’mΒ continuouslyΒ trying to improve the content!
  • I will be announcing the March theme this weekend!!!

The boxes are going to be shipped from the UK. This is an example of the types products that could be inside a box of FairyLoot (you know how I like to make things visual!):

FairyLoot Subscription Box

Can you get involved?

YES. I would love to get all of you guys involved. Any like, follow, or share of the website or social media pages would be so unbelievably appreciated and if I could I would give you all cookies and cake and tea. Check out our Website, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook page! Seriously, I will lurve you forever.

BECOME A FAIRYLOOT REP

We’re going to be giving away free boxes every month to our representatives, just so they can post their boxes and talk about FairyLoot. πŸ™‚ This is open to peopleΒ worldwide. If you’re interested, apply here.

50% DISCOUNT

As you guys are my friends, read my ramblings all the time and are generally just amazing human beings, I thought I’d give you guys a 50% discount for the March box! Just type in the promo code below and voila!

INTROMARCH16

So there it is! If you guys could help spread the word, I would be eternally grateful. πŸ˜€

**EDIT**

The March theme has been released!

FairyLoot March Theme

What do you think of this idea?
Is it something that tickles your fancy?

PS. I am still so nervous about sharing this! Eeep! xD

Previous Story
Next Story

40 Comments

Ichabod Temperance
    February 17, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Hi Anissa!
    This is bold and brilliant!
    Good Luck, Fairyloot!
    Cheers!
    ~Icky. πŸ™‚

February 19, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Thank you so much, Icky! πŸ˜€ I appreciate it!

Kristyn @ Reading to Unwind
    February 17, 2016 at 5:29 pm

This is super exciting!! congrats and good luck!!!

February 19, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Thank you so much! πŸ˜€

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing
    February 17, 2016 at 5:31 pm

I have never ever ordered sbscription box before because most of shipping costs to my country were too expensive. BUT you peaked my interest, mostly because I know your tastes and I think that I would love the stuff you would pick for box πŸ™‚ I am definitely going to look into it more deeply tonight, Anissa!

February 19, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for your support and kind words Lucia, it really means a lot to me! πŸ˜€ I can’t wait until you receive your box!

Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages
    February 17, 2016 at 5:33 pm

OMG, OHMYGOD, OH GOOOOOSH! *jumps excitedly* It’s liiiiive!!! I’m so happy and excited for you and hope that everything will turn out as amazing as you expect it to be! I have 100% faith in you and KNOW that whatever you pick, I’ll LOVE it! I WISH YOU SO MUCH LUCK, MY DEAR!! β™₯

February 19, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Yvonneeeee, thank you so much for all of your support and kind words! β™₯ You rock, and I can’t wait for you to get your box! πŸ˜€

Ana Mafalda Valente
    February 17, 2016 at 8:01 pm

This is great! And because it ships from the UK the costs won’t be too horrible to ship to my country! Yay! πŸ™‚ I wish you the best of luck πŸ™‚

February 19, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Haha yay! πŸ˜€ Thank you so much and I’m glad you like it!

Mel@thedailyprophecy
    February 17, 2016 at 8:50 pm

I LOVE IT. I loooove me some fantasy and I love the introduction you’ve written, about fairies and how fairytales come true. It’s perfect πŸ™‚

One thing though, and that’s something I always struggle with, payment options. Is there no way to use something like paypal? πŸ™‚ Because this box has shipping costs I can actually afford, but I can’t use the payment method you offer right now πŸ™

February 19, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Ahhh, Mel, thank you so much! I’m so glad you love it and YES, FANTASY FOR LIFE. I’m so glad you love the fairies theme of it, I really like it too πŸ™‚

We can’t incorporate Paypal into our payment system yet, but for the moment all I can do on Paypal is send invoices for payments so it would be possible to do for special cases. A couple of people have asked me about Paypal or other payment options, and so far that is the only solution but I’m trying to make it all possible πŸ˜€

Thanks again!

Bec @ Readers in Wonderland
    February 17, 2016 at 9:06 pm

This is so exciting, Anissa!! I love fantasy so much and this box does sound great. If I can ever afford the shipping prices to Australia (I’ve no soul left to give) I’ll definitely be purchasing one!

February 19, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Thank you so much for your support, Bec! I really appreciate it. πŸ˜€ And I really hope there will a chance for you to get one someday soon!

Maaike @ All These Lives I live
    February 17, 2016 at 10:48 pm

I NEED THIS. I will most definitely try the first one! Because it will focus on YA fantasy, because I have total faith you will pick brilliant and exciting books and because I really need to cancel my owlcrate subscription since I’m losing all my precious money on it. This is really brilliant and I’m completely impressed you are going to pull this off! Wow. Good luck!!

(& I will sure as hell help spread the word! But I’ll do it tomorrow because I really need to sleep now and i’m on my phone.. ;D )

February 19, 2016 at 7:58 pm

OMG Maaike your comment literally made me crack the largest smile when I read it! Thank you so much for having faith in me to do it and all your kind words – I really appreciate it! πŸ˜€ I can’t wait for you to receive yours! <3

Briana @ Pages Unbound
    February 18, 2016 at 4:08 am

This looks fabulous! I haven’t subscribed to any boxes before, but I love fantasy, so this is very tempting!

February 19, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Fantasy is the best! Thank you, maybe one day you will get one! πŸ˜€

Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight
    February 18, 2016 at 6:43 am

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I would LOVE to do something like this myself, but I literally wouldn’t even know the first place to start, so I really admire that you’re doing this. And it must be so much fun (hard work, I imagine, but still fun) coming up with themes and choosing books. I don’t have the money for something like this right now :-/ but yours is the box I’d buy if I did because you know I love fantasy, and I’ll definitely help you promote it by telling people about it!

February 19, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Thank you so much Kristen! And thank you for helping to spread the word, I really appreciate it! πŸ˜€ It is loads of hard work (I’m working like 9am to midnight every day) but it is the best thing to work on something you love. I hope one day you do get one! πŸ˜€ AND YAAS, fantasy for life!

Aentee
    February 18, 2016 at 8:06 am

This sounds absolutely awesome, the site is so well designed and beautiful as well. I wish you the very best for your business, it’s always inspiring to see fellow book bloggers creating businesses from their hobbies.

February 19, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Thank you so much, Aentee! It means a lot πŸ™‚ it was definitely worth a shot trying to do!

Mara @ Mara Was Here
    February 18, 2016 at 9:34 am

THIS IS SO COOL! Those genres are basically my thing, so this subscription box is 100% for me. I’m definitely gonna consider subscribing! Hopefully I’ll earn enough money for at least one box. xD Good luck on FairyLoot, Anissa!

February 19, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Ahh, I’m so glad you like it! I hope you get to order one someday, and if you ever do I hope you luuurve it! Thank you so much! πŸ˜€

Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout
    February 18, 2016 at 9:49 am

OH MAN. THIS IS SO COOL. I am tweeting about it right now. One moment. There. It’s all queued. And I would totally buy this and be a representative and everything except *stage whisper* do you ship to Hong Kong? I’m not sure if that’s not an option or you forgot about us — which is totally fine because we’re a tiny city — but I’d just like to know. I shall fill out the representative application form in a moment, but feel free to ignore it if shipping here isn’t a possibility. YA FANTASY EEEK.

February 19, 2016 at 7:54 pm

ALYSSA, thank you so much for helping to spread the word! πŸ˜€ Yess, we do ship to Hong Kong, I just hadn’t gotten to putting it in yet. It’s so tricky with all the different shipping prices, I have to go back and forth between a huge list of prices o_O, but it’s added now! Hehe. And I’m looking forward to reading your application! πŸ˜€ And YES, FANTASY!

Brittany @ The Book Addict's Guide
    February 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm

This is so excited! I love that it’s a fantasy theme because we all know I need more fantasy in my life! Also, you blog is just GORGEOUS! I’m in love with it!

February 19, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Aaaahh, thank you so much! πŸ˜€ And yes, we can never have too much fantasy!

Denise
    February 20, 2016 at 3:59 pm

OMG, ANISSA, THIS IS SO EXCITING!! I’m so pleased for you! These boxes look awesome, so I’m going persuade/beg my mum to let me order one. I love the theme too, and your website looks so professional! I wish you so much luck for this β™₯β™₯

Denise | The Bibliolater

February 21, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Thank you so much Denise!!! I really appreciate it πŸ˜€ β™₯β™₯ I hope you will order one someday!

Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books
    February 20, 2016 at 8:20 pm

WOW this sounds fantastic!! Ugh if I weren’t saving money for college, I would totally splurge and subscribe for each month. Maybe I’ll do the March intro box though. This is such a great idea, I can’t wait to see what you do with it! Congrats <3

February 21, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Thank you so much, Rachel! πŸ˜€ I hope it will be everything I hope it will! β™₯

Ten Interesting Posts of the Week (2/21/16) – Pages Unbound
    February 21, 2016 at 5:01 am

[…] Anissa is starting a FairyLoot subscription box. […]

Daniela Ark
    February 21, 2016 at 7:12 am

This is SO awesome! nothing like venturing in your own endeavor and… a bookish one! I wish I wasn’t completely overwhelmed with my life now to become a representative. Oh I can already picture how fantastic those box must be. I’d have my iphone handy every time I’d open one… “say #bookstagram” πŸ™‚ I’m off to check it now to see if there is shipping to the US. Good luck Anissa!

February 21, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Ahh, thank you so much Daniela!! I hope you get your hands on a box soon – I’m super excited about it all! πŸ˜€ β™₯

Lara @ Another Teen Reader
    February 21, 2016 at 10:01 am

A UK BASED SUBSCRIPTION BOX! This calls for confetti – the US ones are always so amazing, but little broke me cannot afford shipping. But might I even say (in a quiet voice) that FairyLoot could be even better. This is a glorious day.

Thank you!

February 21, 2016 at 6:48 pm

WOoo! Thank you so much Lara! πŸ˜€ I hope you get to enjoy one soon! β™₯

Loz
    February 24, 2016 at 1:51 am

Fab idea. I never tried a subscription service because of overseas postal rate being so high. I’m going to order the March one if it’s still available on Thursday went I get paid. I hope you get more stock so I can do a longer subscription. I wish you every success my new fanyasy online friend πŸ™‚ I’m be a bit old for ya books but that what I like. <3

March 14, 2016 at 12:53 am

Thank you so much, Loz! And yay to new fantasy online friends! πŸ˜€ You can never be to young to read YA, and I’m sticking to it because I’m quite a bit older than the average blogger hehe <3

Miha
    February 16, 2017 at 8:22 pm

It’s funny because you launched this project like a year ago, and now it has aleready became one of people’s favorite boxes in the whole world! I have to say, they are more than awesome and deserve every compliment they get.
    ALSO I can’t believe I randomly found the creator of those awesome-in-a-box. OMG, you’re like a celebrity for me.
    Congrats for what you accomplished in such a short period of time, Anissa. I really have to put my hands on one of those beauties soon. :>